“…it’s a pretty big deal.”
- “10 Delicious Sonoma-Made Foods & Drinks for Your 4th of July Party” by Sarah Stierch in Sonoma Magazine on June 28, 2017.
- “Bacon in your beef? New takes on the classic American hamburger” in the Press Democrat on June 24, 2017.
Thanks to everyone for voting for us as the Best Butcher Shop in Sonoma County for the second year in a row! See the details in the North Bay Bohemian‘s “Best of Sonoma and Napa 2017: The Circus” issue from March 22-28, 2017 Vol.38.46.
- “‘The Spinster Sisters’ Guide to Sonoma County’ leads to local best” by Diane Peterson in the Press Democrat December 21, 2016.
- “The SoCo Meat Co.” in Out There SR by Melissa Keyser on October 6, 2016.
- “Seasonal Pantry: The Perfect Way to Cook Okra” by Michelle Anna Jordan in the Press Democrat on September 6, 2016.
- “Drives to Savor in Sonoma” by Andrew Nelson in the July 2016 National Geographic Traveler Magazine.
- “Spirits and Seminars Added to Big Q Barbecue Festival” in the June 29, 2016 Sonoma County Gazette.
“This Santa Rosa dad’s domain is the kitchen” in the Press Democrat’s June 13, 2016 article by Michelle Anna Jordan.
- “West End Farmers’ Market moves to Railroad Square” by Diane Peterson in the April 6, 2016 Press Democrat.
- “Seasonal Pantry: Delicious ways to enjoy merguez” in the April 5, 2016 Press Democrat by Michelle Anna Jordan.
- “Seasonal Pantry: Sonoma County rack of lamb” by Michelle Anna Jordan in the Press Democrat on March 22, 2016.
Thanks to everyone for voting for us as the Best Butcher Shop in Sonoma County! See the details in the North Bay Bohemian‘s “Best of Sonoma and Napa 2016: Heros” issue from March 16-22, 2016 Vol.37.45.
- “What’s Cooking: Butcher for a Day” in the February 2016 Napa Sonoma Magazine by Katie Henry.
- “Santa Rosa Butcher Takes Mystery Out of Meat” by Carey Sweet in the 12/16/15 Press Democrat.
- “Sebastopol’s Black Pig Meat Co. a finalist for Martha Stewart award” in the September 29, 2015 Press Democrat.
- “The Butcher’s Craft” by Barry Dugan in the Winter 2014 issue of Sonoma Discoveries.
- “Holiday Meals on a Budget: Dinner for 8 under $75” by BiteClub Eats in the 12/17/14 Press Democrat.
- “Nice to Meat You: New wave of nose-to-tail artisans connects with customers” by Heather Irwin. Begins on page 58 of the 2014 November/December issue of Sonoma Magazine.
- “Finding the Best Beef for the Best Burgers” featured in the Press Democrat 7/1/14.
- “The Top Boutique Meat Markets in Wine Country” in 7 x 7 by Carey Sweet on 6/27/14.
- “A La Carte: Sonoma County Meat Co. Opens” featured in the Press Democrat 6/16/14.
- “Sonoma County Meat Co. Opens” in the Press Democrat’s BiteClub Eats posted 6/6/14 by Heather Irwin.
- “Sausage Party: New butcher shop offers retail and unique services” in the North Bay Bohemian 5/28/14 by Nicholas Grizzle.
- “Sharp Edged” in Made Local Magazine Volume 1 No.2, Sonoma County March/April 2014 (go to page 6 online, or pg. 10 in the magazine).
- “Whole Hog: Rian Rinn and the Long Haul” by Gretchen Giles 1/15/14 on the Healdsburg Shed’s Blog.
- “Sonoma County Meat Company coming soon” featured in the 11/1/13 the Press Democrat’s BiteClub Eats.
- Check us out in the SF Gate’s Inside Scoop SF article “Sonoma County Meat Co. to open Santa Rosa butcher shop” posted 9/25/13.
- We are happy to be included in Carey Sweet’s article of the 6/16/13 San Francisco Chronicle’s Sunday Food Section, “Shed offers artisan goods in Healdsburg.”
- EcoFarm class participant writes up “From Carcasses to Culinary Masterpieces: EcoFarm’s First Ever Butchery Skills Seminar” in Monterey Bay’s Edible. With Marsha McBride, executive chef and owner of Café Rouge in Berkeley, Rian Rinn taught an 8 hour class to livestock producers on how to maximize their carcass yield on hog, lamb, and chicken.